la tessitrice

Succubus Blues (Georgina Kincaid Series #1)

Succubus Blues - Richelle Mead This was an enjoyable enough read, after a slow start. I could see who the bad guy was a mile off and the sex scenes were pretty meh, but it was entertaining enough that I didn't want to stop reading. Also, I like the main character and it's an interesting quandry that she's in (although I suspect I've already figured out how this is going to be wrapped up in the last book). Sadly, she's let down by the need in the plot for her to be a bit dumb.She's an intelligent, well read woman who's been around for centuries, and we're supposed to believe that the humans she interacts with have more knowledge of angel and biblical lore than she does? Surely she'd have learned more in all those years, and there are times when she's so slow on the uptake that she has to have things she should have put together automatically explained to her. It's not really the character though, it's clearly so that the information can be 'discovered' along the way by the reader as well as by Georgina. It just beggar belief that she'd know so little.Still, she's likeable enough, I feel sorry for her and I want to know how this will pan out.